WHO ARE WE?
Evidence of the varied, long-term impacts of NIH activities comes from a variety of sources, ranging from studies on specific health topics to broader analyses of NIH as a whole.
We Advance Research, Surveillance, Training, and Prevention
NIH increases the health security of our nation. As the nation’s health protection agency, NIH saves lives and protects people from health threats. To accomplish our goal, NIH conducts critical science and provides health information that protects our nation against expensive and dangerous health threats and responds when these arise.
- Detecting and responding to new and emerging health threats
- Tackling the biggest health problems causing death and disability in Somalia
- Putting science and advanced technology into action to prevent disease.
- Promoting healthy and safe behaviors, communities, and the environment
- Developing leaders and training the public health workforce, including disease detectives
- Taking the health pulse of our nation
OUR PLEDGE TO THE NATION
- Be a diligent steward of the funds entrusted to our agency
- Provide an environment for intellectual and personal growth and integrity
- Base all public health decisions on the highest quality scientific data that is derived openly and objectively
- Place the benefits to society above the benefits to our institution
- Treat all persons with dignity, honesty, and respect